Your NJLA membership is a solid investment in your career. Your support and participation are key to the success of the Association.
Be a part of the vibrant New Jersey library community!
Direct your questions about membership, or to change you NJLA contact information please contact the NJLA office.
Want to fill out information online and pay later with a check? Pick the online form and choose pay later. You can send in payment with a printout of the emailed invoice.
- Individual members: Print & mail form | Online form
- Library school students - joint ALA & NJLA membership: Information | Online form
- Friends Group members: Print & mail form | Online Form | More Information
- Commercial members: Print & mail form | Online form
- Institutional members: Online form
Benefits of membership include:
- Discounted rates for the annual conference and continuing education programs
- New Jersey Libraries NEWSletter, available electronically
- Informative listserv postings
- Networking with colleagues in committees and special interest sections
- Leadership opportunities
The New Jersey Library Association:
- Advocates for New Jersey's libraries
- Promotes equitable salaries
- Co-sponsors the New Jersey Statewide Summer Reading program
- Takes official positions on issues affecting libraries
- Publishes guidelines (sample job descriptions, core competencies, etc.)
- Supports intellectual freedom
- Creates opportunities for new and future librarians
- Strengthens our professional community