Following up on a successful Power of Friends Pre-conference and NJLA strategic planning goal of developing the relationship with Friends Groups, NJLA is happy to announce a new program, Friends Group Memberships. As Friends Groups work with dedication to support their local library, the New Jersey Library Association advocates for New Jersey Libraries on local, state and federal levels. As we have seen the new challenges libraries face, it is more important than ever for us to work together. Please consider having your Friends organization join NJLA.
Here are some of the benefits:
- get the support you need to continue the development of your Friends group and its vital work and stay informed about other Friends’ activities and achievements in New Jersey and across the country
- get access to the NJLA Friends Groups email listserv to share information and ask questions from your colleagues around the state
- add your voice and support to advocacy activities of NJLA to keep our local, state and national elected representatives informed about the value of libraries
- network with other library supporters like yourselves from different communities at regional Friends Events
- enjoy many of the member benefits of the New Jersey Library Association, the largest library advocacy voice in the state
- submit your events to a New Jersey-wide Friends Groups calendar
- receive regular library updates about New Jersey Libraries
- enjoy a reduced registration rate for NJLA’s Annual Conference and workshops
- enjoy a reduced rate to attend Regional Friends Institutes, saving $10 per attendee from your organization
- join the NJLA Friends Group Facebook page and share your successes and learn about the great work other organizations are doing on behalf of New Jersey’s Libraries
- get free access to an online webinar about a library supporter topics, exclusive to NJLA Friends Group Members and NJLA Individual Members.
- (future benefit) get access to customizable marketing materials to use for your Friends Group