Your NJLA membership is a solid investment in your career. Your support and participation are key to the success of the Association.
Be a part of the vibrant New Jersey library community!
NJLA offers 5 membership types:
For librarians and library support staff
About Individual Membership ► Join Online Now
For MLS students - includes joint membership with ALA
About Student Membership ► Join Online Now
For libraries, does not include membership for all staff
About Institutional Membership ► Join Online Now
- Friends Groups
For Friends of the Library groups, 1 membership covers all group members
About Friends Group Membership ► Join Online Now
For companies/vendors that do business with libraries
About Commercial Membership ► Join Online Now
The New Jersey Library Association:
- Advocates for New Jersey's libraries
- Promotes equitable salaries
- Co-sponsors the New Jersey Statewide Summer Reading program
- Takes official positions on issues affecting libraries
- Publishes guidelines (sample job descriptions, core competencies, etc.)
- Supports intellectual freedom
- Creates opportunities for new and future librarians
- Strengthens our professional community
Direct your questions about membership, or to change you NJLA contact information please contact the NJLA office.